The Digital Humanities Alliance for Research and Teaching Innovations or DHARTI, is an initiative towards organising and facilitating digital practices in arts and humanities scholarship in India, both within and beyond academic institutes. When initiated the organisation was called Digital Humanities Alliance of India (DHAI). The inaugural DHAI Conference was organized jointly by IIT Indore and IIM Indore and was held at IIM Indore in 2018.
The interim executive committee (2020) includes the following members:
- Dr Arjun Ghosh (IIT Delhi)
- Dr Ashok Thorat (IASE, Pune)
- Dr Dibyadyuti Roy (IIM Indore)
- Dr Maya Dodd (FLAME University)
- Dr Nirmala Menon (IIT Indore)
- Ravinder Singh
- Dr Ruchi Sharma (St.Xavier’s College Jaipur)
- Dr Siddhartha Chakraborty (AMU)
- Shanmuga Priya, (Doctoral scholar, IIT Indore)
Collaborators include Amlan Dasgupta (Jadavpur University), Dhanashree Thorat (University of Florida), Nishant Shah (ArtEZ University of the Arts and Leuphana University), Padmini Ray Murray, (Design Beku) Puthiya Purayil Sneha (the Centre for Internet and Society), Souvik Mukherjee (Presidency University), and Sumandro Chattapadhyay (the Centre for Internet and Society).
The secretariat of the DHARTI is hosted at IIT, Indore.
Please contact Nirmala Menon for any queries.